Thursday, November 19, 2015

30 Day Fear Cleanse (Day Three)

                                           

   30 Day Fear Cleanse

   (30 Days to Courage)


Day Three

     Today I woke up realizing that no matter what we do, if there is an underlying thought of:

  • Not being good enough, 
  • Not smart enough
  • Not worthy enough 
  • or something similar to any of these, we sabotage what we are working on.


     For example, yesterday, I got in a large body of water alone with the currents and the waves. Something I fear. Being in the water is really a metaphor for getting into something that I have absolutely no control over. My dreams last night made that clear. Without going into them in details, there were wild animals in cages that were my responsiblity to take care of. They were hungry and dangerous. It was scary to be next to them.

     Yesterday I got in the water. Yes, I swam. Yet, when it was time to ride the wave and have fun, I chose not to. Another day, I thought.  I played it safe. Why the delay?

Ask these questions of yourself.

Where do you play it safe?
Where do you use excuses to not do something you do want to do?
Let's get to the bottom of this or you and I will never live full out.
Where are we courageous? Why did we allow ourselves to be in that situation?
Where are we still holding back? What is the real reason we are not in this situation?

Next step: 


 With a piece of paper and a pencil, label the paper-

What really keeps me from going after my dreams.



Next step:


See from a new perspective:

Now, like yesterday, allow the pencil to make any kind of mark it wants to make.
Preferably marks that are not recognizable. Scribbles, doodle like marks so that your logical mind is not engaged. Allow the pencil to have a mind of it's own. There is no wrong or right here. Simply put marks on the paper.

Decode:

What does it look and feel like you drew? Write down the following. Answer all the questions.
It seems that I drew......
It looks more like......
It makes sense that I drew.....
It is interesting that I drew.....
I now get that I drew....

Have you come up with any new discovery? This is just the beginning. You are going into the deeper parts of yourself to see how you tick. We are on autodrive most of the time. This is a way for you to disengage the part of yourself that takes over without your even knowing it.

First, you must be aware where you are not in control of your own thoughts. Where old beliefs that may not even be your own are in charge. If you haven't already, take 10 minutes for this exercise today because tomorrow's assignment plays off it and is eye opening.

The above painting at the top is an example of student work. This student entered my class claiming to NOT be an artist. This was from an Introduction to Art class that I taught at the college level in NY. The final project included what the student learned all semester. Here I see value, drawing skills, color theory and much more.

 What is possible when you dissolve the old thoughts that keep you trapped?
 Anything is possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment