Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thirty Days to Courage (A Fear Cleanse)

I accepted a 30 day challenge to blog.
Ugh!  I thought...
"What  do I blog about every day?"

Painting is my gift and career.


We all have something we are good at. We all have things that work in our life. We all have things that are not working at all.  For me, it is writing. So I have avoided it. Now, I will no longer let  this fear rule my life. Fear. Ok, that is something I can write about.

I am dedicating this 30 day blogging challenge to letting go of the fears that keep us small.

A 30 day FEAR CLEANSE.  Yes, that sounds like a worthy cause. Today, right now is day one.

What fear (s) keep you from your fullest expression of yourself? Be honest.

We all have moments of confusion, doubt and worry.
What if we had more moments of clarity, confidence and courage?

Let's begin our 30 day cleanse and begin new habits.

What fear do you wish YOU COULD let go of?  Do not say you don’t have a fear.
Everyone fears something. Take on moment to think about it.

Discover a safe way to play with your fears so that courage has a stronger voice.



THE QUEST:  All quests begin with questions.  

What does fear look like in your life?


WRITE DOWN:  7 ways that fear shows up in my life.  Here is the start of my list.

Fears Revealed:

1   Being the fullest expression of myself at all times.  (If I were, someone might think I was  
        “acting too big for my britches”.  This automatic thought just popped up here.  I've been dealing   
        with this one for awhile. This fear is on the way out. In this cleanse you'll see how I am overcoming my fear of really being me. )

2     Swimming in water that is not crystal clear all the way to the sandy bottom.  Silly? Since I 
        just moved to Florida, this one is a new one to deal with. 

3  Not being good enough.  Oh, you are back? This fear stops many good ideas from starting. Do you relate? Now we are getting to the root of fear. I look forward to sharing with you a great way to move this fear off the top shelf so you can find more courage than you have presently in your life.

4  There will be lousy weather this winter due to El Nino.  This will mean…. (what meaning do you 
        give to your fears?) It will mean that our lives might be in danger. I now feel real fear creeping in.   If I give in and let fear in today, my day is doomed. I live in a new area and will have new experiences, new fears. When you climb into a new arena, discomfort will follow for a time.  When you have tools for dealing with fear, you can work through them very quickly.  I realize today it is beautiful day. I  relax for now.  When we are in serious danger we do fear for our life. Our world is changing. We have new threats in our lives. How do we live with them on a daily basis? I will address this.

5  After my husband read this post he asked? What will you write about on day 6, 7? Guess what?  Fear showed up.  I said. "I do not know!" I wanted to tell him, "Take that question back!" His question brought on more fear.  Now that I was focusing on fear already, it was easier for fear to make itself comfortable and at home in my head. "I don't know!" I again replied.  Am I  smart enough? showed up for the gazillionith time.  "Hi, it is you again." I laughed.

        The truth is:  I am smart enough. Now I know this. It took me time to learn how to stop fear
         from putting a metaphorical noose around my neck, a chain around my ankle, a ghost under my 
         bed, etc.  Now I have a tool box. 

        There are many tools to share with you to deal with fear and all it's cousins (shame, doubt, 
         worry, etc.)

         When we learn to let go of our fears (or at least get a handle on them) we no longer allow our small self to run our life. When we allow our higher more authentic expression of ourself come into play, we allow courage to take over instead. Creating art takes courage. Putting the art you create out in the world takes courage. Asking for the price it is worth takes courage. I will relate many examples of this cleansing process to art since art is my profession.

How will you find your authentic expression of yourself that is bigger than you are currently?

 This is me producing art I love, putting it out there to be judged and/or loved.  



    Your authenic self will show up when fear subsides.

  What shows up when you let fear go is a powerful and beautiful, loving expression of you. 
       
         Truth and inner wisdom will be revealed to you.


       In the next 30 days, discover your authentic self.  

Pay attention to expose them.

 Write them all down all day as they come to mind.

Tomorrow.. step 2. 

What to do to begin the process of breaking past fear.

This is a course that I teach and as a part of this 30 day challenge, you will receive it for free. 

I challenge you- 30 days to Courage. Who is in?   

2 comments:

  1. The challenge is on, and we all are goingto swallow our words and grab the challenge head on. I think your passion will help you write, put your passion into words, what a wonderful talent. Thanks for a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. Today I need to take the time to create a new blog as I can't even access this blog on google today. I am ready to take on this challenge yet new challenges are coming first. Sigh. The technical aspects are trying to get the best of me. I know I am growing but I have not given up and won't. Stay tuned. :-)

    ReplyDelete